You need to take your time when you need a lawyer, and find one that will be able to handle the type of case you have. Not all attorneys practice family law, and not all lawyers handle all types of cases related to family law. Get more informations about Jensen Family Law – Mesa various brands.
When you need a lawyer to help you with family law issues, you are more than likely emotionally exhausted by the situation in which you are. Don’t let the feelings cloud your judgment. Investigate the law firms in your city, and carefully consider your choices.
- Tell friends and family to make referrals You are more than likely to have at least one family member or one relative who has had a reason to hire a lawyer for the family in the past. You trust your family and friends, and the divorce attorney, their fees, their office hours, and the way they treat their clients will be frank with you. This may be the most important information you collect during your search for an attorney.
- Check in the local phone books The lawyers will be identified in your local phone book in your city. Many of them will have full-page posters describing what type of law they are practicing. The information contained in these ads will be generic, but you can find out the physical address of their offices, and the type of law they are practicing, as well as their web address. You need to locate an attorney within easy distance of travel from your home or office.
- Go to their websites A divorce attorney will more than certainly have a website which can be accessed by their potential clients. The website should have information about the lawyer’s credentials, their background as a family law attorney, their position at the firm, their office hours, and other critical information. They may even have some posts on their website that might give you helpful tips about what you’re going through.
- Read news stories and press releases Look up the county’s local newspapers that you’ll go to trial in and look for information about the lawyer you’re considering. You want an attorney who has written more positive stories about them than negative ones. You may also be able to determine the rate of success the attorney had in the past through the news articles that you find written about them.
- Look at social media sites they’re on Check out sites like Twitter, and Facebook, and see if the lawyer’s account is involved. Through what they’re willing to post on social networking sites you can often gain valuable information about an individual. You’ll also gain access to previous clients ‘ statements, and probably get a better understanding of the lawyer, and how they handle their clients.
- Look at online reviews You can find divorce attorney reviews on websites such as Avvo, Lawyers.com, and Findlaw that can help you find out which family law attorney to choose from.