Everybody dreads having a “record” with the police. Getting a job becomes a lot harder because of that, no matter how minor the charges are. It also makes society, in general, uneasy with you, making it much harder to make friends or to find a partner in life. Such is the experience of many people who have been convicted with some kind of criminal charges. While most people get bailed out for numerous reasons once arrested, going through the bail process does not mean they will go scot-free. Do you want to learn more? Visit Connecticut Bail Bonds Group Wethersfield.
Going through the process requires one to utilize a company that specializes in bail bond services. It is better if the firm offers 24 hour bail bonds services for one does not know when they will get into trouble. This is because the whole procedure is too complex for an inexperienced person to tackle. Once someone gets to a police station, the following usually happens:
- a) One gets booked for a charge.
- b) He/she gets processed (fingerprinted, photographed, and then the police will check his record for any other warrant).
- c) Their court date and the bail price (assuming the charge is bailable) get set.
People naturally prefer to use bail bonds services because they lead busy lives. More importantly, they use the bonds so they can get legal assistance in presenting their side of the case as completely as possible. For one to utilize 24 hour bail bonds services offered by companies, below are the steps on how to attain them.
- a) The defendant or a friend/loved one of said person contacts the agency to apply, explain the situation, and wait for the result of application.
- b) Should the application get approved, the defendant will have to pay specified charges to the bail bondsman and sign all the pertinent documents. He/she could be required to leave bail collateral behind to ensure court appearance, which can come in the form of a valuable possession or money.
- c) The bondsman will post the bail bond rate (which varies by state) at the jail for the release of the defendant in exchange for court appearance. Should the defendant fail to show up, the bondsman will be forced to pay the full amount but can keep the collateral left by the client. Conversely, the collateral is returned if he/she shows up at the hearing during the designated date and time.
The mere fact that the defendant has to appear in court after going through the process shows that he/she is not out of the woods yet. The court can still find them guilty of the charges and mandate prison time as well, hence leaving behind a tainted record.
While it is preferable that one does not get into any trouble with the law, not everybody is equally able to avoid that. Nevertheless, time out of jail while awaiting trial with the use of bail bond services can help someone tilt the case in their favor. This allows them to consult with attorneys or take care of other important matters prior to the trial. These services can help someone attain that advantage.